Thursday, March 17, 2022

Changed Script!!

Part 1

Coming from party
Bragging about popularity
Dissing for being shy

Part 2

Rummaging around room
Bullying for interests
Cutting off when talking to talk about self

Part 3

Do you even know who’s here?
Don’t let anyone in here cause this is embarrassing.
Yeah I got bored so I came in here.

Shut the hell up. Right now. Close your damn mouth. God. Do you understand how irresponsible, idiotic, and selfish this is? Not only are you giving up your chance at a happy life, but you’re leaving ME behind to cry for the rest of my life? Do you not care?

If I’m so selfish then just get out!

Hey, is everything okay in here?

Yeah, I was just leaving.

~~~

These were my initial notes about the script, including some ideas that I wanted to incorporate. From that, I worked on a baseline version of the script that will set as a guideline for my actors. From their input, though, I will probably adjust the script.


NEW AND FINAL SCRIPT

I made some changes to make the dialogue more natural, as I previously found in my research. In order to do so, like suggested, I cut out a lot of lines because the less the better. Additionally, I paraphrased a lot of different lines and used simpler language to make it more relatable to teens. I also included an interruption because according to my research, this allows for it to feel more realistic.  

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

My documentary package, Courageous Creativity, focuses on queer artists. I did a lot of research in and out of class in order to create my p...