Saturday, March 5, 2022

Meeting During Class

The entire week, I have not been able to meet often with my teacher. There have been some complications for me, as this week on both Wednesday and Friday I have been absent from school. Although there is not much that needed to be discussed, I did miss out on valuable time that I could've put towards the project. I have been struggling to find the time to indulge fully in this project to the extent that I would like. Compounded by a lack of time, I am also experiencing a lot of distress in my personal life that has thrown me off from being able to brainstorm as well as usual. Additionally, one of my actors is in the process of being transferred from one school to another and it is very difficult to find time to film. 

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. During my only meeting in class, I discussed how I felt quite stuck with the whole situation and how the topics I wanted to do were a little too difficult to portray. We also discussed how it would probably be better for me to combine two things I am interested in: writing and the portrayal of abuse. My teacher told me that my blog posts were well-written, and that all I need to improve upon is figuring out exactly what I am going for in terms of my story. This week, I hope to meet with her and discuss my outline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

My documentary package, Courageous Creativity, focuses on queer artists. I did a lot of research in and out of class in order to create my p...