Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Bad News, Good News

The bad news? My actress for my main character cancelled for this entire weekend due to a family emergency. We are now filming the week before spring break after school and our backup dates are during spring break weekdays. 

The good news? More time to work on developing my characters and script!

Quick update on my production process: I am stressed. I have so many ideas with little idea on how I would execute them with my skill level and available equipment. I am also finding it quite difficult to settle with my idea because, personally, I am not a big fan of what I have so far.

You see, it feels incomplete. I feel like I have lost sight of the message I wanted to give through my film. There's nothing about my plot that makes me go "Wow, I actually kind of nailed this assignment." Instead, I can picture my film being average and everyone forgetting about it immediately. 

To fix how I feel about the project, I've decided I'm going to make my antagonist more manipulative instead of straightforward. I want my main character to question their intentions and fall for their words numerous times during their voiceover, even more so than before. I want the confusion that comes with being manipulated my main theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

My documentary package, Courageous Creativity, focuses on queer artists. I did a lot of research in and out of class in order to create my p...