Monday, March 20, 2023

Filming Day One Footage!

Filming was good! Here is some footage of the long shots of Nat's performance practice.


Sadly, I didn't get everything I needed to film for their interviews, as recording b-roll took up a hefty portion of the time. I am planning on meeting up with them again after spring break in order to reshoot the interviews in a better way. 

A problem I ran into, though, was that the background was lowkey super ugly and the lighting was awful no matter how much I tried changing. I think that perhaps it would look better if I had access to a more professional camera, but sadly I do not. I think to combat this, I will have to cut out aspects of the frames that I do not think look good, and try to film again from angles that are more "artistic" to take away from the messy setup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

My documentary package, Courageous Creativity, focuses on queer artists. I did a lot of research in and out of class in order to create my p...