Friday, March 31, 2023

Filming: Final Day!

Okay, I think I got the bulk of everything I needed for filming yesterday. Oh, yeah, that's another thing: Nat and Natalia forgot to mention the very small (big) detail that their school was going on a field trip to Universal on Friday (today), so I decided to just film yesterday. It was kind of a hassle getting everything ready on short notice, but I made it work, and we filmed for about an hour and a half. I got multiple rounds of interview to choose from, as well as some more b-roll. Sadly, there was no time nor did we have the ability to film on the stage they're going to perform on, as that is reserved for another dance group until like right before the day of their show, which happens to be the same day that this documentary is due haha. So, I guess teaser pics will be enough content of that on the Instagram, and I can imply that we maybe get to see this content later in the episode, as this is just supposed to be a snippet. I am considering making this either a clip from the beginning or middle of the episode, and leaning more towards the beginning so I can put my title in the video. 

Anyway, we had a lot of fun filming this time, and I think that both of them gave really good answers for the interview portion. The only thing I am scared about is that I am pretty sure in Nat's interview, the microphone is visible because the weight of it make her jacket open. I don't really know how fix this, as I didn't even notice until I was watching the footage back and I was like...oopsies. 

In another post later today, I am going to show you guys pictures and videos from filming, as today was a lot of fun, honestly I would say more-so than last time, because both of my subjects are quite camera-shy, and it took a day of filming already to get used to it.

Update on Emma as well, she has not responded to me yet, or our close mutual friend, and at this point it is getting concerning. Our theories are probably either that she traveled without telling us, or that she got grounded...we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

My documentary package, Courageous Creativity, focuses on queer artists. I did a lot of research in and out of class in order to create my p...