Thursday, February 24, 2022

Film Idea Outline

Next week, I will be uploading my storyboard and script for the project, but for now I will just be doing an outline where I throw around my ideas and scenes I want to include in the two minutes.

First, the film will open with a couple shots of the main character frantically writing something and looking slightly frustrated. The entire opening will be narrated by the main character as they describe their thought process and elaborate on certain details about the situation to the audience. They will be crumpling up sheets of paper that have reject writing on them and tossing these to the floor. The camera will then zoom out to get a wider shot of a room that is slightly messy with low lighting.

After this, the main character will look defeated and I will make a point to emphasize that they are on the last piece of paper. The main character then sees a polaroid picture of them and their love interest on the wall and the initial inspiration is ignited. They then complete the poem with ease.

There will then be a transition that changes the scene from the dark room to a beautiful sunny day in the park, and this will be where the audience meets the love interest. The main character will continue to narrate, and the audio will pick up just as they are finishing reciting their poem aloud. They will look nervous for the love interest's reaction, and their face will drop when the love interest begins to stifle laughter. They will ask what is wrong and the love interest won't respond right away, instead looking off into the distance and thinking to themself. 

The main character and the love interest will then proceed to have a conversation about how the poem was corny and that the love interest wasn't sure if the main character was being serious or not, which is why they laughed. The love interest will say hurtful things under the guise of being humorous, and the main character will pretend to laugh, even as the love interest leaves the scene.

The ending scene will feature the main character staring dejectedly out into the distance with narration playing. The script will end with a sentence that will invoke interest in the viewer, something that signifies the story continues beyond the opening. For example, "At the time, I thought this was the worst decision of my life. Little did I know, that poem would end up being the best thing to ever happen to me."

That's all for now. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

My documentary package, Courageous Creativity, focuses on queer artists. I did a lot of research in and out of class in order to create my p...