Thursday, March 24, 2022

Filming Day One!

Day one of filming: complete!

This was actually one of the most exhausting experiences of my life. A lot of my initial ideas did not work when set into play, which was very draining.

You see, this is my first ever time trying to make a film. I have never before thought about shots or angles and which would work best for the set. Also, apparently my imagination has better camera quality than my actual camera. 

Anyway, before we started filming, we made some chicken nuggets and all sat, discussing the script. Some minor changes were made, and I gave them creative freedom to change any lines to make them more natural. I also did their makeup (well, tried) and we went over final costuming changes. 


Nat and Santi getting into character!

After that, we started filming as the sky darkened. As we practiced and started setting up the room, Nat (Celia) played music and we also brought some snacks upstairs. Honestly that part was really fun. I quickly became extremely discouraged because nothing was really working out, and we had to make a lot of changes. We only completed the filming of the first 40 seconds, so we have like a minute and a half to go through.


Santi breaking character to laugh at how depressed I look

This was a good experience because now I know to lower my standards for myself instead of getting immediately frustrated. 


End of filming selfie (there is pain in my eyes LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

My documentary package, Courageous Creativity, focuses on queer artists. I did a lot of research in and out of class in order to create my p...