Sunday, February 26, 2023

"Casting" List!

Regardless of the possible options that I pursue, I have multiple subjects in mind that would be willing to cooperate in any of the paths I choose for my documentary. These are all people around my age that plan on going to college, do art, or are queer youth.

My first possible subject is Emma R. She is a senior in high school that indulges in art, and self-identifies as a lesbian. She is very talented when it comes to stage make-up and costume design. She also draws digitally on the side. She plans on going out of state for college and majoring in psychology.

My other possible subject is Natalie M. She is a high school senior that loves to dance and self-identifies as queer. She is a very talented self-taught dancer, and is heavily involved in the dance world at her school. She plans on studying computer science at a college mostly likely in Florida.

Another possible subject is Natalia I. She is a writer, singer, and dancer, and self-identifies as genderqueer and bisexual. Natalia has enjoyed dance all her life as well as writing, and I think that her varied experiences in many forms of art makes her a very versatile candidate. She is also a high school senior, and she plans to go out of state for college and major in journalism.

Gian Franco is another possible subject of mine. He is a senior in high school that self-identities as a gay man. Gian is very talented when it comes to all things theatre, and is currently involved in numerous different programs and performances, both inside and outside of school. He plans on pursuing performing arts as his major.

Santi M. is a subject of mine that would only work for two of my documentary ideas, but is also a subject I would feel comfortable interviewing. Santi is the only subject that deals with digital animation, which is something I find to be really interesting. He has been a self-taught artist for around five years, and is a senior in high school that plans to pursue a degree at a college in-state.

Lastly, I have Mica D. She is a high school senior that not only draws, but also is talented at photography. She self-identifies as aro-ace. Mica has been involved in art every since she was a child, and has lots of experiences dealing with drawing as well as photography. She plans to pursue a a degree at a college in-state. 

I have other ideas for possible interviewees, but these are the only ones that have confirmed they would be comfortable and available if I called upon them for help. Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

My documentary package, Courageous Creativity, focuses on queer artists. I did a lot of research in and out of class in order to create my p...