Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Group Discussion

I finally, finally settled down on an idea. Today was group discussion day! Sadly, I didn't get a picture with everyone but people helped me decide. I decided to just mix and match my ideas and do my documentary on how being queer and part of the LGBTQ+ community as a teenager effects what art means to you. I want to choose subjects that practice diverse forms of art and that are different sexualities and genders so I can get different viewpoints and make my documentary interesting. 

When I asked for advice on how many interviews to conduct, I was told to do as much as I think would be interesting, because I can always cut out the ones that don't fit that well. I was also given the advice to think of each interview like its the only one, because you can never truly predict how an interview will flow.

I think that for my b-roll, I am going to film my subjects practicing their art. More next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

My documentary package, Courageous Creativity, focuses on queer artists. I did a lot of research in and out of class in order to create my p...