Sunday, March 12, 2023

Concerns (overthinking) for Filming Week

Hello blog! I just wanted to let you know some of my concerns and how I am going to overcome them. For one, I was just informed that I am not going to be in the country at all for the entirety of spring break, and I most likely will not have access to the Internet. This is stressful because, to be honest, I was going to use spring break as a week where I spent the time gathering all of the footage I needed if I couldn't get everything this week, and when I was most likely going to interview Emma because she is busy and has poor time management (and honestly, same). 

I think that even without Wi-Fi, I will most likely be able to still edit the footage I gather this week, but I worry about my blog updates. I am going to have to write and prepare my postings in advance, which means that the accuracy of how much progress I am actually making will be low. 

A way to remedy this that I was thinking of was perhaps writing down all of my progress offline and then posting more realistic updates the day that I get back. But I also worry that a bombardment of postings would seem unprofessional or rushed. Something else I was considering, then, was possibly just creating more postings the week after spring break, where I almost, like, catch up my readers with how things are going. 

I am also really concerned because I can not afford for my schedule to get messed up even in the slightest as everyone's availability (including mine) is so different from one another's. For my final last year in Media Studies AS level, my actors kept having to cancel or push back the filming day which was super stressful because the day that we finally did get together, I ended up hating all of the footage and the filming location, and even the script. It was just an insanely stressful time for everyone, and while I know this time will be different because it is just interviews and b-roll (which I enjoy filming), I am still worried about not liking anything I get and frantically trying to find the time to reshoot or rework my ideas. 

Can you tell I have anxiety? Anyway, wish me luck, and let me know if there's any advice you have to offer this humble overthinker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

My documentary package, Courageous Creativity, focuses on queer artists. I did a lot of research in and out of class in order to create my p...