Friday, March 3, 2023

Documentary Questions!

I wanted to start brainstorming some of the questions for my documentary! I am going to be taking a lot of inspiration from an old project I did where the premise of the documentary was very similar. My goal of this documentary series is to show how different individuals find beauty in various art forms. It should illustrate their journey towards their passion and why they love it, how it makes them feel, and if they see it as a crucial part of their life/sense of self. 

I want to show that art is not a waste of time, despite society deeming it so and preventing many people from making a living out of it (pushing the idea of starving artists). My particular excerpt will be from an episode focusing on performance art!

Possible Questions

  • How did you learn about (insert art form)?

  • What do you like most about the art you produce?

  • Do you plan to take this into your adult life/make a profit out of it?

  • How do you view art versus how do you think the world views art?

  • Do you want to pursue a career in art? Why or why not?

  • Do you think that, objectively, art is a waste of time in the society we live in?

  • How has being queer impacted your experience with art?

  • Has your community of art been accepting of your identity?


So far, these are the questions I plan to ask besides the basic "Please state your name and spell it." and "What is your occupation?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

My documentary package, Courageous Creativity, focuses on queer artists. I did a lot of research in and out of class in order to create my p...