Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Editing!

Hi! So, since starting editing, I realized something slightly scary, which was that my b-roll is lowkey kind of boring. Like, it makes sense when you realize that this is only supposed to be like a quick snapshot from the whole episode, but the lack of varied backgrounds or "cool" shots is concerning me because I want it to be entertaining for the class. I think that it was really scary last year to try and piece something together with my limited knowledge and have it come out looking way worse and different than I imagined. I talked to my classmate Joey and asked him if he had any advice, and he basically just told me that I should use the color correcting tool to make the shots look more professional, and that I should crop the interview scenes so that it's not so...boring, I guess?


I have been watching tutorials and while it looks confusing at first, it's not that bad. Besides that, I am done cutting down my interviews so that the only content in my saved videos files is usable (for the most part) footage. Besides a quick cut here or there, I think I have the bulk of the work done for the main part of editing, and I just need to add the little text over.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/color-workflows.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

My documentary package, Courageous Creativity, focuses on queer artists. I did a lot of research in and out of class in order to create my p...