Thursday, March 31, 2022

So Premiere is Slaying the Game...

It's time: I've finally begun editing my project. Surprisingly, it's a lot like IMovie, and I'm not having that many issues. It's a lot more tedious than IMovie though (for example, one wrong move and your entire clip is gone for good) but hopefully it all becomes worth it in the end when the quality is better.

When I first started editing, it was really overwhelming, because for some reason, the program opened on Effect Controls and I was like "What have I gotten myself into?!" Once I realized my mistake, though, it became pretty easy and I calmed down.

Through the guided introduction and the help of my best friend, I learned what each tool does. For the most part, though, I'm only using the "Unlink" tool and the "Cut" tool. Super advanced, I know, save your applause.


The Cut Tool, My Beloved

On the bright side, I found a good royalty free to use sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkH-BANXXKU, for the party music. Thank God for random Youtubers uploading their creative works for no charge.

As for my other foley and background sounds (for example, the clicking included in my introduction), these are my own. 

I've started playing with the colors of the film, as you can see below. 


I am a little disappointed because the red is turning out to be more of a strange looking orange color, and it's not really giving the effect that I want. I'll play with it more and see how it turns out. 

Playing with all of the sound effects has been my favorite part so far. Rewatching my friends act and having to cut out our laughter in each clip is a good motivation for this project, if I'm being honest. It keeps the morale high to add random alien affect filters over their voices every once in a while and then immediately removing it.

For the font that I'm going to use for my film, I decided to look at coming of age fonts online. 

Right now, I'm leaning toward a bolder font (such as Interstate or Netflix Sans) to better fit in with the seriousness of the film, instead of a more flowy font, such as Daft Brush. I've read so many of the word "Sample" that it doesn't even feel real anymore.

For my credits, I am going to include:

- My production logo
- Directed and Edited by: Alex Briggs
- Starring Santi Mason as Ethan Neelu
- And Nat Kalina as Celia Rose

At the end of my film, when the door slams shut, this will be when the title "False Indignation" appears.

References: 
https://fontsinuse.com/tags/8635/coming-of-age

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

My documentary package, Courageous Creativity, focuses on queer artists. I did a lot of research in and out of class in order to create my p...